Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is so easy and SOOOOOOO good. I've had it for a long time and since I'm the only one in my family that likes rice pudding, I don't make it often unless I get requests for it because I will eat the whole bowl!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and add the salt and sugar.
- Slowly pour the scalded milk into the egg and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the cooked rice and stir.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the nutmeg and sugar.
- Place the casserole dish into a oven safe dish (I use my tart pan) which has 1 inch of water in the bottom (water bath).
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, depending on your taste.
Very nice dessert for using up leftover rice. I made this as posted except omitted the nutmeg-not a fan of. It has a layer of custard on top which is just the right amount. Next time I would reduce the rice slightly with the idea of getting it to be more creamy. Thanks for sharing Sherrybeth.