Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A genteel way to end your meal. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 3⁄4 cups water, boiling
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 1⁄3 cup water (cold)
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup sugar
- Add cinnamon, lemon juice and rind to boiling water and let stand over low heat until ready to use.
- Soften gelatin in colde water for five minutes; add to hot mixture and stir well.
- Add sherry wine and sugar; strain through cheesecloth.
- Pour into a mold (or individual molds) and chill until firm.