Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I threw this together for the office and got such great reviews I thought I'd better "write" it down before I forgot what I did!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (18 ounce) box vanilla cake mix, Duncan Hines French Vanilla is recommended
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine walnuts and brown sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed: cake mix, vanilla pudding, nutmeg, eggs, oil, sour cream, sherry and water.
- Spray and flour a large Bundt cake pan.
- Pour in 1/3 of the batter, sprinkle with 1/2 the streusel mixture. Repeat once more finishing with the last 1/3 of the batter on top.
- Bake at for 40 to 45 minutes until tests for doneness.
- Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan before removing to glaze.
- Blend together powdered sugar and enough milk or cream or sherry to reach glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over cake while it is still warm.