Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This yummy garlicky vinaigreete will wake up bland beans and grains. Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
- 1-2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 22.18 ml sherry wine vinegar (or aged red wine vinegar)
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pound the garlic with 1/4 teaspoons salt in a mortar and pestle until it breaks down into a puree. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, chop the garlic, then use the side of a large knife and press the garlic with the salt to make a paste.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil and seasoning with pepper.
- Taste and balance the flavors to taste. Enjoy!
Enjoyed this nice vinaigrette on a green salad that sadly did not have any beans in it, Sharon description says this is great on beans and after trying it do believe it would be a delight on beans. Made as written using a good sherry vinegar which gave sweet wine flavor to the dressing. Thanks for the post.
Very good, and very easy- a winning combination in my mind :) The sherry vinegar is very mild, so this would be great on a delicate salad. I used it over baby spinach, with some sweet bell peppers and Manchego thrown in for variety. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8
Fun vinaigrette! I ended up adding some extra vinegar, extra mustard, a pinch of sugar and about 1/2 tsp of veggie boullion (powdered). Used atop a salad of lettuce, roasted red pepper, tomato, cucumber and chickpeas. Made for ZWT8 for Team Jammin Jazzberries. Thanks!