Recipe by Latchy
This is in answer to a query on the threads. I got this out of an English Cookbook. It takes 2 hours in the refrigerator after assembling.
- 6 ounces sponge cakes or 6 ounces cake, cubes
- 4 tablespoons medium sherry
- 4 ounces raspberry jam
- 300 g raspberries
- 450 ml custard, flavoured with
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry or 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 300 ml sweetened whipped cream
- toasted flaked almonds, to decorate
- mint leaf, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread half of the sponge cake cubes over the bottom of a large glass serving bowl.
- Sprinkle half the sherry over the cake to moisten it.
- Spoon over half the jam, dotting it evenly over the cake cubes.
- Reserve a few raspberries for decoration.
- Make a layer of half the remaining raspberries on top.
- Pour over half of the custard, covering the fruit and cake.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, spoon the cream over the top.
- To decorate sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds and arrange reserved raspberries and the mint leaves on top.
- •Variations: Use other ripe fruit in the trifle with jam and liqueur to suit: apricots, peaches, nectarines, strawberries etc.