Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fry the tofu, covered, in 1 tablespoon of the oil until the tofu is nicely browned; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch; pour over the tofu, stir well, and set aside to marinate.
- Remove the ends and strings from snow peas and cut each one into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then plunge them into very cold water to halt further cooking.
- In a skillet or wok heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the green onions, minced yellow onion, water chestnuts, and garlic for 4 minutes; add the snow peas and cashews and stir well.
- Add the tofu together with the marinade, lemon juice, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the snow peas and sauce reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
I really love this recipe! I followed the direction exactly, except I omitted cashews because I didn't have any. Fantastic flavor!