Sherry Tofu With Snow Peas
- Fry the tofu, covered, in 1 tablespoon of the oil until the tofu is nicely browned; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch; pour over the tofu, stir well, and set aside to marinate.
- Remove the ends and strings from snow peas and cut each one into 2 to 3 pieces.
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then plunge them into very cold water to halt further cooking.
- In a skillet or wok heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the green onions, minced yellow onion, water chestnuts, and garlic for 4 minutes; add the snow peas and cashews and stir well.
- Add the tofu together with the marinade, lemon juice, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the snow peas and sauce reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.