1/1 Photo of Sherry Tofu and Snow Peas
My vegetarian friend Matthew and I get together to cook now and then (he being a newbie chef), and this was the first dish we made as his introduction to veggie cooking. Very tasty! Based on a recipe from Curtis Aikens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu or 1 lb extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil or 3 tablespoons soy oil, divided
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh yellow onions
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts or 1/2 cup quartered water chestnut
- 1 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Fry the tofu, covered, in 1 tablespoon of the oil until the tofu is nicely browned; remove from heat.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together the sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch; pour over the tofu, stir well, and set aside to marinate.
- 3Remove the ends and strings from snow peas and cut each one into 2 to 3 pieces.
- 4Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then plunge them into very cold water to halt further cooking.
- 5In a skillet or wok heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the green onions, minced yellow onion, water chestnuts, and garlic for 4 minutes; add the snow peas and cashews and stir well.
- 6Add the tofu together with the marinade, lemon juice, and pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the snow peas and sauce reach desired texture.
- 7Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherry Tofu and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 886.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g