Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful addition to your cookie jar recipes. Try dipping half of cookie in melted chocolate and sprinkling with almonds. A real winner for holiday party cooking or anytime.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites (accepts Egg substitute well)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry or 1⁄2 cup orange juice (Go for the Sherry!)
- Sift dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with Sherry beginning and ending with dry.
- Blend until smooth Wrap in foil or plastic wrap chill for several hours or over night.
- Roll dough thin on floured surface, cut into shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.