Recipe by lesliecoy
Rachael Ray has several Sprout recipes, we tried this one last night and really liked the flavor. I used a wok to toss this all together and cook until veggies are tender. Be careful not to over cook so that the sprouts are still bright green and the shallots are just opaque. I thought that the thinly sliced Italian Ham Rachael Ray added to her Sprouts in another recipe would have tasted good in this - or crumbled cooked bacon.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly slice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons sherry wine (Sub -- Apple Juice)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I used Splenda)
- lemon zest
- thinly sliced ham (Italian)
- bacon, cooked and crumbled and sprinkled on top (turkey bacon)
Directions See How It's Made
- In wok, over medium-high heat,add two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add shallots and sprouts and cook until the veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and deglaze the pan with the sherry and sugar, cooking until most of the sherry has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the zest of the lemon. Serve Warm.