Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not too sweet or oily with a touch of sherry and whole wheat flour.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In large bowl, beat together oil, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and sherry. In separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and nuts. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-inch loaf pans and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until top springs back when pressed with fingers. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Yield: Two 9-inch loaves.
- The Harrowsmith Country Life.