Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A simple and delicious appy. I made these last Christmas Eve when I had a house full of people and everyone loved them. You might want to double for a large crowd. I found this in a cookbook at Mother's, but I can't remember which one. :(
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef base or 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 lbs fresh whole mushrooms (button or baby bellas)
- Mix butter and beef base in a crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to coat mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Can be kept warm for several hours on low or keep warm setting.
Wow - these mushrooms are FAN-tastic, I kept tasting and tasting while they where cooking! I used large Baby Bella's and cut them in half but followed the recipe otherwise. At first I thought there wouldn't be enough liquid but as the mushrooms simmered, they gave off a lot of juice. This is a definate keeper for me, delicious and SO easy to make! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2011