Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
Delicious! And sort of unorthodox methods. Don't be tempted to add more than the 3 tablespoons of sherry to the mushrooms and veggies - the mushrooms will make their own juices eventually. And, the shaking together of the remaining milk and flour makes a wonderful smooth soup with absolutely no lumps. Beautiful soup, onlyme!
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery.
- sherry, thyme salt and pepper in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Place on medium heat and cook (do not cover) stir frequently until the vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add 2 1/2 cups milk and all of the evaporated milk.
- Cook stirring until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In jar with lid combine the remaining 1/2 cup milk with the flour shake until smooth.
- Stir into soup continue cooking and stirring until soup thickens and is bubbling.
- Divide into serving bowls top with parmesan cheese.