Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
In One Pot Spanish, by Penelope Casas
Make and share this Sherry-Infused Baked Sliced Potatoes (Patatas Al Jerez) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- kosher salt or sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 medium vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves, torn in half
- 3 tablespoons very dry sherry, such as manzanilla
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 300°; grease a 12 x 8 inch baking dish (preferably nonstick or Pyrex) with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Arrange half the potatoes in a slightly overlapping layer in the bottom of the dish; then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the onion and bay leaves over the potatoes; arrange the remaining potatoes over the onion, sprinkling again with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes; turn the potatoes with a spatula; cover the dish loosely with foil and cook 20 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°; sprinkle the sherry over the potatoes; cover again loosely with foil, and bake until the sherry is absorbed and the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.