Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This is a smooth, rich fudge.
Top Review by didyb
Good- very rich! I probaby used at least 1/8th cup more of sherry. I did have trouble working with the mixture. Thankfully I had used a glass pan, and nuked the whole thing for a few minutes to help in spreading evenly in the dish. The flavor is very good, and very fudgy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (you can use more if the sugar is hard to handle)
- 1 egg yolk, UNBEATEN
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup nuts, broken up (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the sherry over hot, NOT boiling water.
- Add yolk to the sugar.
- Add chocolate mixture to the sugar and mix well.
- You may need to add more sherry at this point if needed, try a tsp at a time.
- Add nuts.
- Spread in a 8x8 buttered pan.
- Cool, cut into squares and place in fridge.