Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Heavenly. Great for a dinner party for somebody you really want to impress!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 dash salt (omit if commercial cooking sherry is used)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine the egg through the lemon juice in the top of a double boiler.
- Cook over boiling water until slightly thickened, stirring.
- Fold in cream just before serving.
The family split 50-50 on this one but I'm the cook so my vote is the one that matters. Very tasty. Its hard to believe that something this elegant is so easy to make too.
I could drink this dressing from a glass! I made a fruit salad with pears, oranges, plums and bananas. It was especially good with the bananas. I used dry Sherry so I added an extra 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and cheated by not using a double boiler. This is a nice adult fruit salad!