Recipe by JackieOhNo!
An elegant side dish for those who love mushrooms. Great with steak.
Top Review by Out of the Blue
"This deserves more than five stars, it's my favourite," said my husband after eating these mushrooms for the second time in the same week (I add a lot of mushrooms to use up!). And I agree with him. I doubled the amount of garlic to suit our taste and sprinkled with fresh chopped Italian parsley just before serving. Will be made many times. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 large scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms; cut stems into quarters; leave caps whole.
- In 12-inch skilllet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add mushroom caps and stems, scallions, and garlic; cook 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir sherry into flour to blend; stir in cream until smooth.
- Pour mixture into skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.