Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Divine, sweet, and quite the wonderful Praline
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- Mix all ingredients, except sherry, thoroughly in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage (236 degrees on candy thermometer) stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- When mixture stops bubbling, stir in sherry. Cool slightly, then beat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Drop candy onto waxed paper or buttered baking sheet to form patties.
- If candy becomes too stiff at the last to drop into smooth patties, stir in a little hot water.
- Makes about 20 two-inch patties.
- Note: Mixture may also be dropped by spoonfuls into fluted paper cups, then placed in small muffin tins, if desired.