Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Lovely moist cake. Recipe came from my mother. Note: Better for keeping a few days, stored in an airtight tin.
- 8 ounces margarine
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 ounces ground almonds
- 6 ounces rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Beat in three eggs one at a time.
- Fold in flour, ground almonds and ground rice.
- Add sherry.
- Put in a greased and lined 2lb (1 kg.) loaf tin or 7" (18 cm) cake tin.
- Bake in centre of oven, 315°F (160°C), gas mark nearly 3 for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hrs.
A very nice cake! Yes, it IS important to keep it in an airtight container as it dries out fairly quickly!