Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is so very simple, and so very tasty. Elegant and perfect for a nice, romantic dinner.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 8 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- In large skillet, cook mushrooms, garlic, and shallot in butter until tender.
- Add shrimp, basil and pepper; cook and stir until shrimp are pink (be careful not to overcook!).
- Stir in sherry; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice; makes 4 servings.
Fabulous shrimp! I let the mushrooms get nice and brown to really bring out the flavor. The cream sauce on this is just wonderful! Great flavor. We had this with a baked potato and salad. Great dinner!! Thanks Julesong, this will be a regular!
The mother in law took the kids and we had a night alone for a romantic dinner and I fixed this for my wife. It was great!!!
Julesong, thank you so much for this. I doubled the recipe with no problem. The sherry sauce was mouth watering. A very elegant and easy dish. Enjoyed by all. Bravo!!