Recipe by Aussie-In-California
Every year my boyfriend and I bake for all our friends and family a whole selection of goodies. The ones with alcohol in them seem to be the favorites :) I wonder why?
Top Review by AMOR DE PUGS
I've made this at least 5 times and I can't believe I forgot to rate it! I picked this recipe because 3/4 bottle of Sherry from a previous chicken recipe. Boy was I happy that I did. Everyone loves this. The first time I made it exactly as written. But my personal preference has me to omit the nutmeg. Comes out real moist and not too sweet.
- 3345.24 g package yellow cake mix
- 2 (170.09 g) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 177.44 ml cream sherry
- 4 eggs
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the powdered sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- optional Sometimes I add walnuts to the mix as well as put some in the bottom of the bundt pan before pouring in the cake mixture it gives it a nice crunchy topping.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-20 mins before removing from bundt pan.
- While cooling I sometimes mix some of the (1/4 cup) powdered sugar and some extra sherry (1/2 cup) poke holes in cake with a chopstick and drizzle while still in pan.
- Turn out pan onto cooling rack and dust lightly with powdered sugar.