Every year my boyfriend and I bake for all our friends and family a whole selection of goodies. The ones with alcohol in them seem to be the favorites :) I wonder why?
- Mix all ingredients except the powdered sugar on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-20 mins before removing from bundt pan.
- While cooling I sometimes mix some of the (1/4 cup) powdered sugar and some extra sherry (1/2 cup) poke holes in cake with a chopstick and drizzle while still in pan.
- Turn out pan onto cooling rack and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
I've made this at least 5 times and I can't believe I forgot to rate it! I picked this recipe because 3/4 bottle of Sherry from a previous chicken recipe. Boy was I happy that I did. Everyone loves this. The first time I made it exactly as written. But my personal preference has me to omit the nutmeg. Comes out real moist and not too sweet.
As I was mixing this the sherry smelled so good! This is a very easy cake to make. I had to bake it 10 minutes longer as toothpick did not come out clean at 45 minutes. I also used Bakers Joy to spray the inside of my fancy pan. It came out really nice, check out the photo. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game
I brought this to a Mother's Day party and everyone said it was delicious. Thanks for sharing.