1/4 Photos of Sherry Beef
3 hrs 10 mins
This is the most awesomely delicious beef dish I've ever tried! Truly easy and honestly loved by every member of my family...In fact my 19 year old daughter, Jamie, asks for it specifically every time she visits, and I even won over the in-laws with this one! Simply amazing flavor, I promise! Jamie can be trusted -- she's a picky eater and she loves this!!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup red wine (or Sherry)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4-1/2 cup canned beef broth (depending on if you choose to use the wine or not)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2-1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (put in last hour of cooking)
- 1 lb kluski noodles, cooked, drained and buttered (or Reame's frozen noodles)
- 1Mix all ingrendients together in a covered casserole dish (except for the mushrooms that you will need to add the last hour of cooking).
- 2Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 3 hours.
- 3Add sliced, fresh mushrooms during last hour of cooking.
- 4Serve over prepared Kluski or Reame's noodles.
- 52ND OPTION: Instead of baking in an oven, you can also prepare this in a Crock Pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours (adding the mushrooms during the last hour.) Serve over prepared noodles, as per recipe, when done.
- 6NOTE: To make the gravy a bit thicker, take 1 tablespoons flour and mix with 1 tablespoons water, then add in when you add the mushrooms and be sure to stir well.
- 7YUM! :).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherry Beef
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.1
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 991.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: