Recipe by Stacky5
This is the most awesomely delicious beef dish I've ever tried! Truly easy and honestly loved by every member of my family...In fact my 19 year old daughter, Jamie, asks for it specifically every time she visits, and I even won over the in-laws with this one! Simply amazing flavor, I promise! Jamie can be trusted -- she's a picky eater and she loves this!!! :)
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3⁄4 cup red wine (or Sherry)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canned beef broth (depending on if you choose to use the wine or not)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2-1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (put in last hour of cooking)
- 1 lb kluski noodles, cooked, drained and buttered (or Reame's frozen noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingrendients together in a covered casserole dish (except for the mushrooms that you will need to add the last hour of cooking).
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 3 hours.
- Add sliced, fresh mushrooms during last hour of cooking.
- Serve over prepared Kluski or Reame's noodles.
- 2ND OPTION: Instead of baking in an oven, you can also prepare this in a Crock Pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours (adding the mushrooms during the last hour.) Serve over prepared noodles, as per recipe, when done.
- NOTE: To make the gravy a bit thicker, take 1 tablespoons flour and mix with 1 tablespoons water, then add in when you add the mushrooms and be sure to stir well.
- YUM! :).