- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 fresh pears
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Combine sherry, water, sugar, lemon juice and butter in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, halve, pare and core pears. Arrange pears in a baking dish. Pour sherry sauce over pears. Cover dish.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled, plain or with whipped or sour cream, if desired.