Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful autumn treat! Serve warm or chilled, plain or with whipped or sour cream, if desired.
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 fresh pears
- Heat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Combine sherry, water, sugar, lemon juice and butter in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, halve, pare and core pears. Arrange pears in a baking dish. Pour sherry sauce over pears. Cover dish.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled, plain or with whipped or sour cream, if desired.
How delicious these are! Loved the subtle flavor from the sherry.
What a tasty dessert! These pears are so easy to make and while I did not dress mine up you could dress them up very easily for when you have guest. The recipe calls for a hole pear per person but DH I each found half a pear to be a better fit. Made as written using Bosc Pears and served warm with the sour cream option. Thanks for the post.