Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Very elegant and a wonderful flavor.
- 7 bone in chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) jarsmuckers plum preserves
- 1⁄4 cup bristol cream sherry
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced very thin
- *Usethese exact brands for best results.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown breasts over medium heat.
- Sprinkle curry and beau monde over browned chicken.
- Turn the pieces over and then over again to spread the spices in the butter.
- Blend the plum preserves and sherry in a small saucepan.
- Heat briefly to smooth out the preserves and then pour over chicken in the skillet.
- Top each piece of chicken with a thin lemon slice.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken to a hot platter and boil the pan juices for 5 min.
- (First remove any lemon pieces) Pour sauce into a heated pitcher and serve with chicken.