1/1 Photo of Sherry and Butternut Squash Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 40 mins
I was trying to capture the flavor of the Fresh Choice Fall Harvest Butternut Squash Soup. I started from scratch, so I'm claiming this recipe as my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one pan, stir fry the celery in a small portion of olive oil. When softened, add a quarter cup of sherry and cover immediately. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth and continue to simmer.
- 2In a separate large saucepan, stir fry the squash on medium heat until bright orange.
- 3Pour in remaining sherry and cover immediately. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Add in remaining chicken broth and add in bouillon. Add enough water so that the squash is completely covered, about 2 cups. Let cook until completely tender (you can test with a fork; if it goes completely through without resistance, it's done).
- 5Combine butternut mixture and celery mixture into a large blender and blend until completely smooth.
- 6Pour back into the large saucepan. Add butter, half and half, onion powder and garlic salt. When the butter is done melting in, you're done.
- 7Garnish with cheddar and sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherry and Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g