Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite in my house-so easy and lots of flavor in so little time! This recipe is very versatile-add or subtract the veggies and seasonings of your choice. Use canned tomatoes if you don't have fresh-also, cherry tomatoes are great, too. Enjoy!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, sliced 1/4-inch
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Drain fat but reserve 1-2 Tablespoons in pan.
- Add squash, onion, and seasonings and saute 10 minutes.
- Lower heat, add mushrooms and tomatoes, add additional seasoning if needed, and cook until all veggies are tender-crisp, about 15 minutes.
what a wonderful recipe to use up all my garden veggies, I added in some crushed chili flakes and 2 heaping tablespoons of chopped fresh garlic in with the squash and onion in place of the garlic powder, the addition of the celery salt really brought this to life, thanks for sharing Mrs. Jack I look forward to making this again soon!