Recipe by ctrmom
Not being from the South, I asked a friend how she makes fried corn. I was surprised at her instructions. This sounds almost too easy, but it is delicious. And after all that scraping, its nice to pop it in the microwave and have it done in no time. My family likes pure and simple flavors, but I'm sure this would be great with onions or peppers or whatever else you might like to spice it up with. You could use a little butter instead of the traditional bacon. But we like it just as well without, and it is so good for you this way.
Top Review by pritchettt
I haven't tried this but take it from a REAL southern cook! Try this corn recipe with some heavy cream, a T. of flour and a T. of sugar. Add about 1/4 c. butter and combine. Now microwave until tender. Honey, this is delish and tastes like my great-grandmother, a true southern belle, used to make in an iron skillet every Sunday. Always fresh from the garden. No offense, but forget the water! Use the cream, unless of course you are dieting.:)
Directions See How It's Made
- Hold an ear of corn in a deep microwavable dish with a lid.
- Barely cut the top off the corn kernels with a sharp knife.
- With the back of the knife, scrape all the pulp out of the corn kernels into the bowl.
- Stir in the water.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH.
- Stir. Microwave on HIGH for another 3 or 4 minutes.