Recipe by Mrs.Jack
My Grandmother gave me this recipe and I still make it today when I want something a little different. The recipe calls for 8 oz. of cooking sherry but I would suggest you start w/ 2 oz.-add more if you like-especially if you are using real sherry. Also, any potato will work w/ this recipe-I use red potatoes and don't bother peeling them. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced with rings separated
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle cooking sherry
- 4 -5 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, saute the onion rings over medium heat until transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sherry, salt, pepper and stir. (Again, depending on the strength of your sherry, add a little at a time.).
- Add potato slices and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.