Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This is so easy and flavorful-tastes really fresh. My Aunt Jackie gave me this recipe and it is a staple in our house now. Enjoy!
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, more if you like it really hot
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil jalapenos for 10 minutes. The longer you boil them, the hotter they get. Remove stems and seeds and add to blender or food processor.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend. Taste and add more garlic or salt if needed.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or more to allow flavors to develop.
- I use Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt Seasoning in place of regular salt.