Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This is my Mom's recipe-or at least as close as I can get it for now! Use the following as a guideline-add as little or as much of an ingredient as you like, you will love it. Mom used red potatoes because they hold-up well and I like them because you don't have to peel them unless you want. Also, this is a crunchy salad and not sweet. It really is best if you can chill overnight which makes it a great make-ahead dish. We always have potato salad at family gatherings and holidays- a real crowd pleaser but you can certainly make for 2 very easily. Cooking time is minimum chill time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!
- 5 medium red potatoes, cooked whole, then diced while warm
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄4 white onion, minced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large dill pickles, chopped (or 4 T. dill relish)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (enough for a creamy mixture)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (dijon is good, too)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- While potatoes and eggs are cooking, chop and mix together all other ingredients.
- Add diced potatoes and eggs while still warm. (Will absorb the flavors better but of course this isn't necessary.).
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours-the longer the better! Let the flavors blend and then adjust seasoning if needed.
- Sprinkle paprika (or black pepper) for garnish when serving.