Recipe by Mrs.Jack
I found this recipe in a book my Grandmother gave me, compiled by Ladies Auxiliary of the Medina Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 1986. Additions I have tried are cooked chicken, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, kernel corn, bell pepper, black olives, and before serving, avocado and cilantro---make it your own and use your favorites. This salad needs to chill at least 2 hours before serving which is included in the cooking time---the longer the better, even overnight. Enjoy!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is very good, I did add in 1 teaspoon garlic powder and cayenne pepper, I used canned mushrooms as that is all I had at the time, used one small celery rib, and 1/2 cup Pace Picante sauce, I like the flavors going on in this salad and I'm sure they will intensify while chilling overnight, thanks for sharing Sherri!... forgot to mention I used unwhipped whipping cream :)
- 1 lb spiral pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onions with top, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup picante sauce (like Pace)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add vegetables and toss lightly.
- Add combined mayonnaise, picante sauce, and cream; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving to allow flavors to develop.
- Garnish w/ pepper slices.