Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This Jalapeno Mustard will add excitement to your hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, pretzels or anywhere else you use regular mustard. Try in your salad dressings, on pork chops, on ham steaks, ham or corned beef sandwiches, or even grilled ham/cheese sandwiches. Also try it mixed in your favorite cheese dip, potato salad, or egg, chicken, or tuna salad. Cooking time includes time to allow flavors to develop. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup black mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the coriander seeds in dry skillet or place seeds in flat dish and microwave on high for around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Crush the coriander and mustard seeds in a blender or a mortar.
- Mix the powdered mustard into water and blend w/ coriander and mustard seeds. Let this mixture stand for minimum 3 hours.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pulverize the mixture in a blender until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Stir this smooth puree into the mustard.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer 5 minutes or until as thick as you like, stirring occasionally. The mustard will thicken slightly on cooling.
- Cover and refrigerate.