Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ridiculously simple and good; these were my mom's favorite.
Make and share this Sherri's Devil's Food Fudge Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Use hands (or spoon) to mix/smush/knead it all together.
- form into balls and bake at 350° for 10-12 min.
- they'll still look soft, like they're not done enough, but the bottoms will be getting brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for one minute on the baking sheet before moving the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Cake mix cookies always go over well at my house, and this is no exception. I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips. One daughter liked them, the other didn't like as much as if I had used chocolate. They were nice and soft and went together easily. I didn't read the directions and just scooped the cookies out with my Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop. That still worked fine, so I recommend taking the lazy route and not rolling them into balls! Thanks for sharing!
Good solution when you've got someone pulling on your sleeve for something sweet . Keep a box of cake mix on hand and anytime you can have a treat ready in 10 minutes. Better than keeping packaged junk on hand. Best of all it is NOT healthy or time consuming, so I don't feel inclined to try it.
I found this recipe on Duncan Hines' website, except for that they called for 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I used that plus half a cup of white chips to add some color instead of the nuts, because the people in this house just don't like nuts. These went over very well. They didn't even really smell "cake mix-y," which is the only thing I don't like about baking with a mix! Wonderful recipe.