Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ridiculously simple and good; these were my mom's favorite.
- 1 box duncan hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Use hands (or spoon) to mix/smush/knead it all together.
- form into balls and bake at 350° for 10-12 min.
- they'll still look soft, like they're not done enough, but the bottoms will be getting brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for one minute on the baking sheet before moving the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Delish! I sprinkled a little sea salt on them before baking them. Yum.
Cake mix cookies always go over well at my house, and this is no exception. I used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips. One daughter liked them, the other didn't like as much as if I had used chocolate. They were nice and soft and went together easily. I didn't read the directions and just scooped the cookies out with my Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop. That still worked fine, so I recommend taking the lazy route and not rolling them into balls! Thanks for sharing!
Good solution when you've got someone pulling on your sleeve for something sweet . Keep a box of cake mix on hand and anytime you can have a treat ready in 10 minutes. Better than keeping packaged junk on hand. Best of all it is NOT healthy or time consuming, so I don't feel inclined to try it.