Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This is one of my favorite dishes and it is so easy to prepare. I like to add tiny bay scallops and/or fish (a firm fish like halibut or haddock which will require a longer time to marinate), too. The most important part is making sure your seafood is fresh! You can also serve this with all veggies-just add some button mushrooms, olives, etc. Adjust the heat to your liking. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 5 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- tortilla chips or lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse shrimp under cold running water and pat dry. (Any seafood you use is best bite-size so dice if needed).
- Place in non-metal mixing bowl or large ziploc with lime juice, 1 tbsp jalapeno, 2 tbsp red onion, and a sprinkling of salt.
- Toss well to coat and refrigerate, turning from time to time to distribute lime juice until shrimp are opaque, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, toss shrimp with remaining jalapeno and red onion, and gently add cucumber, avocado, tomato, and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- (Another idea is to serve as a salad over lettuce leaves w/ a spicy cocktail sauce).