Recipe by Mrs.Jack
This is a family favorite-so simple and easy! May be prepared a day ahead and also freezes well after cooking. Great for busy weekends and holidays. I like to serve w/ salsa, fresh fruit, and cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by rickoholic83
Yet another great recipe from Mrs.Jack! I added the onion while browning the sausage, in addition to 2 T minced garlic. I also might have used a little more cheese than called for. ;) This was a huge hit at "Girls Weekend" and one I will certainly be making again. Thanks for being such a fantastic PAC baby, Mrs.Jack! **Made for Fall PAC 2008**
- 226.79 g can crescent rolls
- 453.59 g bulk hot sausage
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g grated cheddar cheese
- 226.79 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten rolls in bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Add onion and mushrooms to sausage and pour mixture over rolls.
- Add cheese on top of sausage.
- At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
- Beat eggs and pour on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes; brown last 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes.
- If you are freezing, allow casserole to cool and freeze. To bake, place in oven directly from freezer but allow about 50-60 minutes for baking.