Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family favorite-so simple and easy! May be prepared a day ahead and also freezes well after cooking. Great for busy weekends and holidays. I like to serve w/ salsa, fresh fruit, and cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 lb bulk hot sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 eggs
- Flatten rolls in bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Brown sausage and drain.
- Add onion and mushrooms to sausage and pour mixture over rolls.
- Add cheese on top of sausage.
- At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
- Beat eggs and pour on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes; brown last 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes.
- If you are freezing, allow casserole to cool and freeze. To bake, place in oven directly from freezer but allow about 50-60 minutes for baking.
Yet another great recipe from Mrs.Jack! I added the onion while browning the sausage, in addition to 2 T minced garlic. I also might have used a little more cheese than called for. ;) This was a huge hit at "Girls Weekend" and one I will certainly be making again. Thanks for being such a fantastic PAC baby, Mrs.Jack! **Made for Fall PAC 2008**
What a delicious breakfast casserole! I used Jimmy Dean Hot breakfast sausage, browning the onions and mushrooms along with the meat. Very much enjoyed by all! Thanks Sherri for a great recipe that I will be making again. Made for the Breakfast Anytime event in the photos forum.
this made a wonderful dinner for my family, I used extra spicy Italian sausages and also added in 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic when browning the sausage meat, instead of adding the onion on top of the meat I also browned it with the sausage and garlic, I did however top the beef with fresh steamed green beans from my garden, we loved this, thanks for sharing an easy delicious recipe Mrs. Jack that I will make again soon!