1/2 Photos of Sherried Sweet Potatoes and Apples
24 hrs 40 mins
Nice side to the holiday ham or turkey, or with pork roast or chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a kettle, combine the sweet potatoes with enough water to cover by 1 inch and boil for 35 minutes, until tender.
- 2Drain the sweet potatoes and let them cool until they can be handled. The sweet potatoes may be prepared in advance and kept chilled overnight.
- 3Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them lengthwise into sixths, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 4Peel, core and cut the apples lengthwise into sixths and crosswise into 11/2-inch pieces.
- 5In a large heavy skillet cook the apples in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, the brown sugar, the cinnamon and the sherry. Bring to a boil, and simmer 3 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- 6Transfer to a heated serving dish.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherried Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g