Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious sausage dish that can be served with hot cooked rice or egg noodles. That's how we like it anyway! I stir-fry peppers and zucchini in the fat from the sausage. From the Lions club cookbook.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot depending on what you like)
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons pale dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon water
- Brown sausage, remove fat.
- Stir-fry some veggies in the fat if you wish.
- Cover with mixed liquid.
- Cook over low heat, turning frequently until done.
- Watch carefully as sausage can burn quickly in sauce.