Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 -4 pork loin chops, approximately ¾ inches thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced and slices quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup very dry pale sherry wine
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Mix well and set aside.
- For Rice: Steam or boil one cup of long grain rice in recommended amount of water to which 1 tps each of fresh chopped parsley and fresh chopped chives has been added.
- For Chops: Heat oil in deep saute pan.
- Sprinkle chops with salt, pepper, and MSG.
- Add chops to pan and saute until fairly well browned on both sides.
- Add butter and onions and continue sauteing until chops are well browned and onions are tender.
- Deglaze pan with the dry sherry.
- Add gravy mixture and stir until gravy is a rich brown color.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes at the lowest heat possible.
- Serve over rice with a green, buttered vegetable of your choice (May also be served equally well with mashed potatos or buttered noodles).