Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an old family recipe. My Great Aunt owned a liquor store and she always made these at Christmas time. Every year now, since I started making them, all my friends and co-workers always request these for the holidays. They are sooo good! IMPORTANT: You MUST use the Creamed Sherry in the recipe or they will NOT turn out! Believe me, I have tried and the others turn out sticky. Also, it is best to make on a dry, cool/cold day!
- 1⁄2 cup harvey bristol cream sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon white Karo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups pecan halves
- Cook first four ingredients to a soft ball stage at medium heat.
- Stir Constantly!
- When this comes to a rolling boil, begin checking.
- When reaches soft ball stage, remove from heat and stir in pecans until it turns a milky color.
- Immediately pour onto wax paper and separate with forks.
- You must work quickly, because they set up fast!
I can't believe that no one has reviewed this recipe! It's simple, and so good! These pecans will become a new Holiday season treat for my family! Thanks!