Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely taste, a side with almost anything. From Cooking Light magazine.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray, place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add green onions, saute until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and remaining ingredients, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Served this to company as a side dish with bbq beef tenderloin steak. I used shitake mushrooms and creamed sherry as I did not have dry sherry on hand. These are quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious. They were a hit and I will be making these again. Thanks for posting Derf.
The Sherry & Worcestershire just gives a nice littleperk to the mushrooms. I served this as a side dish for Brunch today. I also served pan fried potatoes, sliced tomatoes, crisp bacon, 12 grain toast and Cheese omelettes. The mushrooms were the special dish. Next time I will use whole small button mushrooms. Thanks Derf for another keeper
They were alright. Nothing spectacular. I'm gonna stick to my own recipe. Sorry!