Recipe by Shazzie
This is my favourite mushroom sauce recipe. Its paricularly good as an acompinament to red meat or pork.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made this to go over some chicken patties for dinner. This was a lovely simple sauce to put together with ingredients I usually always have on hand. I did find that the sherry flavour got lost a bit in the end result som would increase that a little next time. Thanks Shazzie.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup meat stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté mushrooms, onion & garlic in heated butter.
- Add cake flour and stir over high heat for a few minutes.
- Heat stock and sherry together and add gradually to mushroom mixture, while stirring.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add sour cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.