Recipe by kymgerberich
I bought some cherries and wanted to make brandied cherries - alas no brandy. This is a good substitution!! Serve over ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cherries in half and pit them, working over a bowl to catch the juices. Set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the sugar and 3/4 cup of sherry to boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Continue boiling, without stirring, until the liquid is reduced about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherries and their juices to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cherries are just heated through and slightly softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the 3 Tbl creme de menthe and remove from the heat.
- Set aside for at least 5 minutes to cool slightly and allow the flavors to marry.
- Spoon the warm cherries and sauce over ice cream.