Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lobster for two in a creamy sherry sauce and crumb topping. Please use real sherry, cooking sherry will ruin this recipe...
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (5 flakes or so)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup lobster meat, well packed (about 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup crushed cracker
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed potato chips
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place 2 tbsp butter in a sauce pan, add the pinch of hot red pepper flakes and stir while melting.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour until smooth and lump free.
- Add 1/4 c milk to the sauce pan and stir until completely blended.
- Add remaining milk and sherry and return to heat.
- Cook over a low to medium heat until thickened.
- Add the lobster meat and green onions and stir.
- Place in a small casserole dish OR two individual baking dishes.
- Mix the crackers, paprika, chips, cheddar, butter and sherry and sprinkle over the lobster mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until hot and browned.
I used cheddar jack cheese cause that's what I had. Tasted good, took a little longer to make than indicated.