Prep 12 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. Prep time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Sherried Ham in Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 12 thin slices cooked ham (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 236.59 ml dry sherry
- 354.88 ml heavy cream
- 354.88 ml shredded edam cheese (or Gouda)
- Place ham in sherry.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove ham from sherry and roll up.
- Pour cream over ham.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I got a head start with the sherry and now nothin' hurts. Oh, this was very, very, very good and I should even throw in a few more extra verys.
These ingredients really went together great!! We loved the fact that they were "marinated" in the sherry. Really gave them a "distinct" flavor- and then with the Gouda- OMG!! I made more than twice the amt. stated and only got 4 rolls to eat!! DH took the rest & was in heaven with this- Thank You so much!! :) made for ZWT6.