Prep 12 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Best of Scandinavian Cooking. Posted for ZWT6. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 12 thin slices cooked ham (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded edam cheese (or Gouda)
- Place ham in sherry.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove ham from sherry and roll up.
- Pour cream over ham.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I got a head start with the sherry and now nothin' hurts. Oh, this was very, very, very good and I should even throw in a few more extra verys.
These ingredients really went together great!! We loved the fact that they were "marinated" in the sherry. Really gave them a "distinct" flavor- and then with the Gouda- OMG!! I made more than twice the amt. stated and only got 4 rolls to eat!! DH took the rest & was in heaven with this- Thank You so much!! :) made for ZWT6.