Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another low fat, quick recipe. A perfect side dish or main dish. Great summer salad. If you can't find toasted sesame oil, you can substitute vegetable oil and sprinkle the salad with toasted sesame seeds.
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups bite-size pieces mixed salad greens
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- In tightly covered container, shake all vinaigrette ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange salad greens, pear, strawberries and onion on 8 salad plates. Pour vinaigrette over salads. Sprinkle with cheese.
I made this last night and forgot to review it! It is a wonderful light salad that I served with Curried Shrimp With Pineapple Salsa #114147. The fruit in the salad was the perfect combination for the spicy shrimp dish. I did not find pears at the grocery so I used jicama that was julienne and instead of the blue cheese I opted to use the feta which I had on hand. The salad greens were a spring mix. The dressing called for raspberry balsamic vinegar which I did not have. I used regular dark balsamic vinegar. This is a salad I am sure to make again. Thanks